2018 was a momentous year for all of us here at Taxlinked, and we couldn’t say goodbye to this past year without sharing some of its greatest hits.
Overwhelming Success for Our First International Tax Conference
It was a year of firsts, as on November 7-10, Taxlinked hosted Beyond Borders: International Tax Into 2020
, our inaugural international tax and law conference in Limassol, Cyprus.
The event was a great achievement, gathering close to 100 financial service professionals from over 20 jurisdictions for three days ofheated discussions, exchange of ideas, professional development, networking, socializing and wine tasting on our home in the Mediterranean.
Alongside 20-plus panelists with diverse backgrounds and knowledge, we were honored to have with us as keynote speakers:
- Dr. Ronen Palan, Professor of International Politics, City University London, United Kingdom;
- Alex Cobham, CEO at Tax Justice Network and Visiting Fellow at King’s College London, United Kingdom;
- Jeremy Cape, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs, United Kingdom;
- Aisling Donohue, Partner, Andersen Tax, Ireland, and;
- Dr. Tatiana Falcão, Policy Leaders Fellow, School of Transnational Governance, European University Institute, Italy.
We all came together to discuss trending subjects including:
- The International Tax Implications of Brexit
- The Impact of BEPS on the Developing World
- Tax Risks in the Developing World
- Turning the Tide? Twenty Years in the Evolution of Secrecy in Cross-Border Financial Services
- An Assessment of the Evolving European Fiscal Regime: Is the Battle Against Tax Avoidance & Evasion Being Won?
- Taxing & Regulating Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain Technology
- What’s Next for Transparency & Beneficial Ownership Registers?
- Double Tax Treaties in a BEPS World
- How Can Technology Help the International Tax Sector
- Where Tax Residency & Aggressive Tax Planning Meet
- What Can CRS Learn from FATCA?
- The Future of State Sovereignty and Taxation in the European Union
- The Proposal to Target Intermediaries Selling Aggressive Tax Planning Schemes & Fundamental Freedoms Within the EU
- Issues in Intellectual Property & Taxation
- Investment Funds Opportunities in Europe
If you missed this event and would like to check out the fun had, HERE
are some of the pictures of our inaugural conference.
Hope this convinces you to join us next time around!
Taxlinked’s Now CPD Accredited
As of August 2018, Taxlinked also became CPD accredited and can now award continuing professional development credits to its members.
This initiative offers Taxlinked members with a great (and convenient) opportunity to claim CPD credits without having to travel, attend events or miss much time out of the office.
Our first credits were handed out following our August 30th webinar on the taxation and regulation of cryptocurrencies (see below). Furthermore, 16 CPD credits were awarded to our 2018 conference’s participants.
Mick Judge, The CPD Group’s Quality and Accreditation Manager, expressed his organization’s excitement in establishing a fruitful professional collaboration with Taxlinked.
“We are pleased and honoured to be accrediting webinars an
d the international tax conference for Taxlinked. We look forward to a close working link, which will ultimately benefit their customers by ensuring that they maintain their high quality information along with the CPD accreditation, which in turn will allow attendees to record CPD credits for their training records,” Judge said
More Webinars in All Shapes, Sizes and Flavors!
In 2018, we expanded our webinar offerings for our members and extended network.
This series of online events continue to be very well received by all, as it introduces members to new topics and allows them to get answers to pressing questions from experts in their respective fields.
Some of the webinars we ran in 2018 included:
Click on the links to access each webinar’s audio recording and full transcript!
What Should You Expect from Taxlinked for 2019?
Goes without saying, we have plenty in store for our network as we approach 2020.
As a sneak peek of sorts, here are a few of the things we have planned for the coming year:
- A revamped website with added functionality, making it easier for our members to interact with one another and establish valuable, long-lasting business relations;
- Our first regional conference to be held somewhere in Europe towards the latter half of the year;
- An even greater selection of webinars on trending topics, catering specifically to your interests and needs;
- More opportunities to receive CPD credits from the comfort of your office;
- Greater opportunities to brand your firm and raise your profile within the industry;
- And plenty more!
Once again, a huge thank you for your unwavering support and we hope you enjoy the ride.
We certainly do!