Following the enormous success of our inaugural conference last year in Cyprus, we return with #TLTaxCon19 to explore new trends in international law and taxation and revisit the latest hot topics from different perspectives.
This time around, though, we’ll be moving the event to vibrant Barcelona, where from October 13-16, 2019, you’ll get a chance to stay on top of all that is happening in the financial services sector, earn CPD credits, and break bread and share wine with peers from all over globe as part of our lively networking and social events.
Dr. Peter Wilson, who runs PB First Global Tax Advisers in Dubai and will be participating in a couple of #TLTaxCon19’s panels, is excited to be involved for the first time in one of our conferences.
“I’m really looking forward to exchanging views with the conference delegates,” Wilson said. “It’s important to learn from others as this enhances the overall experience.”
Dr. Nicholas Ryder, a Professor of Financial Crime at UWE Bristol who will be presenting on the 5th Money Laundering Directive, also shared his enthusiasm.
“I am delighted to be speaking at the Taxlinked conference in October and I am looking forward to engaging with related stakeholders and interested parties in Barcelona,” Ryder said.
John Richardson, a Lawyer with Citizenship Solutions in Canada, attended our event last year and too looks forward to the 2019 version.
"The 2018 Taxlinked conference was a fantastic event focusing on the past, present and future of international tax," Richardson said, as it focused specifically "on disclosure, reporting, information exchange on request and, most significantly, automatic information exchange under FATCA and the CRS."
"The 2019 Taxlinked conference will give you the opportunity to hear from and engage with some of the most interesting people in the tax world. If that's not enough, you are sure to have an enjoyable time," he added.
If you’d like to express your interest in our conference, please do so below.
SECURE YOUR SEAT
Tickets and our event’s main website will be released within the next few days, so stay tuned for more.
See you in Barcelona! Nos vemos en Barcelona!
5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Miss #TLTaxCon19!
- A dynamic agenda with impressive keynotes & a group of rock star panelists ready to challenge each other on the debate floor.
- An excellent chance to stay on top of all that is happening in the financial services sector, particularly in Europe.
- Break bread and crack open bottles of wine with peers from all over globe as part of our lively networking and social events.
- Earn 12 CPD credits.
- Barcelona in early autumn? Check!
Topics to Be Discussed as Part of #TLTaxCon19
As with last year’s successful conference, we have set up a series of keynote presentations and panel discussions on a vast array of topics currently rocking the financial services industry.
Among the issues to be broached are:
- Is the USA the World’s Favorite (and Best) Tax Haven?
- Current Trends in Asset Protection & Wealth Management
- An Introduction to Corporate Wellness
- Disabling the Pinstripe Mafia: Taming the Enablers of Tax Avoidance
- Revisiting Brexit & International Taxation: What Now?
- The Trials & Tribulations of Taxing the Digital Economy
- Permanent Establishment & Profit Attribution as Defined by BEPS
- The 5th Money Laundering Directive (5MLD): A Step Too Far?
- DAC6 Directive: A Closer Analysis of Its “Hallmarks”
- A Study in Contrasts: Public Beneficial Ownership Registers vs. Europe’s GDPR
Networking opportunities are at the core of #TLTaxCon19. Elegant dinners, cocktail parties, networking lunches, tapas-themed events and guided wine tastings offer participants plenty of time meet, socialize and develop the professional bonds (and hopefully lifelong friendships) that will help your business reach for the sky.
Our Venue: 1898 Hotel, Las Ramblas, Barcelona
Just a skip and a hop away from Barcelona’s famous Las Ramblas, Hotel 1898, a colonial architectural gem that once served as the headquarters of the General Philippines Tobacco Company, will host #TLTaxCon19. Equipped with twelve modern and high tech conference spaces, Hotel 1898 has been perfectly adapted to cater to the professional needs of most organizations. During your down time, enjoy a cocktail and tapas on the hotel’s stunning rooftop terrace or pamper yourself to a spa treatment in a relaxing setting that once, believe it or not, served as a coal bunker. If all else fails, stumble out the door to Barcelona’s most iconic and buzzing pedestrian walkway.
What are you waiting for?
Secure your seat today and join us for plenty of insightful tax-themed discussions, networking galore and fun under the Mediterranean sun!
SECURE YOUR SEAT