Led by one of our inaugural conference’s keynote speakers, this webinar introduced listeners to the carbon tax, its uses and overall objectives, and some of the problems it might potentially pose.
Submit Your Carbon Tax Questions
Some of the questions covered included the following:
- What is the carbon tax and how does it work?
- What countries have a carbon tax and how do they differ?
- Have some proven to be more effective than others?
- How effective is the carbon tax in reducing greenhouse gas emissions?
- How might a carbon tax affect the development of clean energy technologies?
- Are there any disadvantages to the implementation of a carbon tax?
- Do carbon taxes have a negative impact on energy prices?
- And plenty more!
Dr. Tatiana Falcão,
Policy Leaders Fellow,
School of Transnational Governance, European University Institute,
Tatiana is a Policy Leaders Fellow at the European University Institute’s (EUI) School of Transnational Governance. She is a consultant for the United Nations on tax issues, a member of the United Nations’ Subcommittee on environmental taxation, and is a recurrent contributor to the work of the United Nations, the OECD and the ILO. Tatiana has a monthly column in Tax Notes International and is a regular commentator in international tax topics. Tatiana holds a Ph.D from Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria), a LL.M from Cambridge University (UK), a LL.M from New York University (USA), and a Bachelor Degree from Universidade Cândido Mendes (Brazil).