Learn all about the US foreign tax credit system and how it impacts both individuals and companies.
There are a series of foreign tax credits that US citizens can benefit from when filing for their US taxes.
During this webinar, which took place on Thursday, August 22 at 12:00 pm London BST, our favorite tag team of experts on US tax guided us on the ins and outs of the US foreign tax credit system.
Some of the questions tackled included:
- What are the various baskets available?
- How do foreign tax credits differ to the foreign earned income exclusion?
- When can foreign taxes be deductible?
- How do international tax treaties incorporate foreign tax credits?
- How can the average taxpayer determine source and the countries that allow foreign tax credits?
- What is the foreign branch basket and how does it affect individuals with small Schedule C businesses?
- And plenty more!
Submit Your Questions
If you have any follow-up questions for our panelists, please make sure to submit them below.
John Richardson is a Toronto, Canada based lawyer. He provides advice and assistance for US citizens and Green card holders who do not reside in the United States. He specializes in US citizenship relinquishment, Green Card expatriation and assisting US persons with their compliance obligations. You can contact him on his website www.citizenshipsolutions.ca.
Dr. Karen Alpert,
University of Queensland Business School,
Dr. Karen Alpert lectures Finance at the University of Queensland Business School in Australia. Dr. Alpert’s qualifications include a PhD in Finance (University of Queensland), Masters in Tax (University of Southern California) and MBA (University of California, Berkeley). Her research explores the impact of taxation and government regulation on financial decision-making.