Continuing our series of regional-themed webinars, in February we discussed Hungary and the many wealth management and tax opportunities offered to businesses, investors and individuals in this European jurisdiction.
Some of the main questions discussed included:
- What are some of the main tax benefits available to firms in Hungary?
- How does Hungary cater to HNWIs?
- Are there any tax reforms currently being discussed to facilitate business in the country?
- Does Hungary offer a citizenship or residency by investment program? How successful has it been in attracting clients? - How do Hungary's trusts and foundations work?
- What sorts of equity funds are available to investors in Hungary?
- How has Hungary dealt with all the transparency and anti-tax avoidance initiatives being pushed by the OECD, EU and other international organizations?
- What is Hungary's position on the taxation of digital companies?
- And plenty more!
Submit Your Hungary Tax & Wealth Management Questions
If you have any follow-up questions for our panelists, please make sure to submit them here.
Business Development Director,
Szergej Schumann is a graduate of the Finance and Accounting Faculty of Corvinus University of Budapest. He started his professional carrier at a Big 4 firm as an external auditor and later as a fraud investigator. Meanwhile, he obtained his Certified Accountant and Certified Tax Advisor degrees and started his courses for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Szergej is fluent in Hungarian, English and Russian.
In his current position at Discus Holdings, Szergej is responsible for providing solutions for international clients in the area of residency and citizenship options worldwide, including international tax planning and asset protection issues. He has a strong background in corporate structuring, handling of double taxation issues and management of complex business processes.
Dr. Csaba Magyar,
Crystal Worldwide Group,
Csaba Magyar is a graduate of the Law Faculty of Pázmány Péter Catholic University and afterwards obtained the Accredited Tax Consultant Certification. He passed the BAR examination before attaining accreditation as an Insolvency Practitioner and Asset Controller. Then he became Chartered International Tax Expert. He is the co-founder of the Society of Hungarian Trust and Estate Practitioners and he is the vice-chair of the Association of Hungarian Tax Experts. Csaba holds seminars and courses about international taxation in different training institutes and universities for tax advisors and lawyers.
In the course of his recent work at Crystal Worldwide Group, most of his time has been dedicated to international asset and tax planning including handling complex transactions and managing cross-border taxation and investment issues successfully for both corporate and personal needs. He provides client-focused fiduciary solutions in connection with Owner Managed Business issues for company directors and High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs).