About Our Event
Following the success of our inaugural conference last year in Cyprus, Taxlinked returns with #TLTaxCon19 to explore new trends in international law and taxation and revisit the latest hot topics from different perspectives.
From the outset, our conference’s main mission has been to combine knowledge exchange and lively discussion via our trend-setting and insightful keynote speakers and panels with ample professional and social networking opportunities in a jovial and convivial setting.
5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Miss #TLTaxCon19!
- A dynamic agenda with impressive keynotes & a group of rock star panelists ready to challenge each other on the debate floor.
- An excellent chance to stay on top of all that is happening in the financial services sector, particularly in Europe.
- Break bread and crack open bottles of wine with peers from all over globe as part of our lively networking and social events.
- Earn 12 CPD credits.
- Barcelona in early autumn? Check!
What Will Be Discussed
- Is the USA the World’s Favorite (and Best) Tax Haven?
- Issues in Spanish Taxation
- Business Networking
- Revisiting Brexit & International Taxation – What Now?
- The Trials & Tribulations of Taxing the Digital Economy
- Permanent Establishment & Profit Attribution as Defined by BEPS
- The 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directive Explained
- DAC6 Directive – A Closer Analysis of Its “Hallmarks”
- A Study in Contrasts – Public Beneficial Ownership Registers vs. Europe’s GDPR
Let's Be Social!
Networking opportunities are at the core of #TLTaxCon19. Elegant dinners, cocktail parties, networking lunches and guided wine tastings offer participants plenty of time meet, socialize and develop the professional bonds (and hopefully lifelong friendships) that will help your business reach for the sky.
Welcome Cocktail Reception
Sunday, October 13th from 18:00 to 21:00
1898 Hotel, Las Ramblas, Barcelona
Unwind after your taxing journey with some music, great Spanish wines and plenty of tapas. Even better, introduce yourself to our other attendees and start reaping the rewards of this three-day long networking session.
Tapas, Tapas & More Tapas (Optional)
Monday, October 14th from 20:00 to Late
Let’s share a tapa or two and relax with a glass of Priorat following a successful first day of learning, networking and animated debate. If you’d like, join us for this tapas-themed event where we’ll stuff our faces with bite-sized local delicacies and copious amounts of wine to break down the day’s main conference highlights, exchange trade secrets and laugh out loud.
Dining & Dancing with Crazy Red Balls
Tuesday, October 15th from 20:00 to Very Late
Ocaña, Plaza Real, Barcelona
Eat, drink and be merry as we wrap up our conference with a regal dinner party at Ocaña, a sophisticated multipurpose venue in the middle of Plaza Real that specializes in Catalonian cuisine and mixology. We’ll also jazz things up to the tune of local band ‘Crazy Red Balls’ and dance the night away, Barcelona-style.
Discovering Spanish Wine (Optional)
Wednesday, October 16th from 11:00 to 15:00
The Streets of Barcelona
Led by Fintan Kerr, a wine educator and writer based in Barcelona, join us for an excursion of the city’s hippest bars and cellars to discover and learn all about Spain’s greatest grape varieties and wines, followed by a traditional Catalonian lunch and buckets more of wine.